Math - she's at a midpoint, so we're taking off the rest of the week. We'll start with a new unit on Monday.
Science: Believe it or not, but there was quite a lot of good, solid science about volcanoes in this episode!
Free Reading: She's on an Edward Eager kick lately. He was one of her favorite authors when she was younger, so she's revisiting his books this week. It's much like sitting with an old friend that you've missed. She is having such a good time, so I think it's great.
Lit: I'm on a hunt for a good bio/historical fiction about Henry VIII and his wives. If we don't find one by this weekend I'll pull out a different book for Monday.
Edited to add: I did find Catherine Called Birdy on the shelf, and I think I'll toss that at her and see if it sticks. Then, we'll follow it with Matilda Bone. We read this out loud several years ago, so it will be a repeat but I think she'll like it all the same. I should probably find some activities or comprehension/discussion guides. Oh well... still summer. :D

No comments:
Post a Comment