Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Monday, 8/10

Today was an odd day because I was with my mom during her surgery. (She's doing great!) So, Dad handled assignments today. Hopefully I'll have all of our plans made for this quarter by week's end so that we won't have this problem in the future!

This is the "official" start of our first quarter, though it is starting without a bang. I've divided the year up into roughly even quarters (though summer is longer) to give us an illusion of structure. More on that later.

Math: TC lesson 15 Adding and Subtracting Integers

History: used My Audio School (my favorite find this year!) to listen to The Age of Chivalry

Bible: Ch 1 God's Will, God's Best: For Your Life by Josh McDowell and Kevin Johnson. I LOVE this book. It's definitely on the list of must read books for teens/young adults in my opinion. We'll be using several books like this for supplemental "character building" reading along with our Bible program.

Computer Science: Learned how to make a spreadsheet (and from the sound of it spent more time making spreadsheets than anything else!)

No comments: