Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday

A wonderful day!

Read-aloud: Peace Child (ch 1-2)

Math: more work on ratio and proportion with Dad

History: Read RRR (Romans, Reformers, and Revolutionaries - Diana Waring) unit 7 article; listened to DW's What in the World's Going On disc 1 (actually starts on schedule with disc 3, but try to pull anything about the Romans out of this kid's hands and you've got a fight on). I think all in all she listened to about 2 hours of audio. AND, she wanted to take it in the car. Now that's success!

Science: animal sciences! A trip to the county fair. :) Of course, she's reading books on guinea pigs on her own trying to convince me that breeding/showing with 4H next year would be a good thing. I'm not buying it. lol

Lots, and lots, and lots of walking!

4 comments:

Josh said...

I see you've already started quite a bit of school! YEA! It's starting to look a bit like fall already!

Stephanie said...

We have, all for that break in winter. lol We're having fun though. Just bits and pieces. It's a nice easy pace, but by this point I'm almost ready for the routine of fall. It keeps me in line. lol

Anonymous said...

Okay, ignore my above comment where I requested translation for RRR and DW. I see know what they are :) You have been busy! That is great!

How was the county fair? We've avoided going each year (usually has been too hot to go) but we are considering it this year. the steep admission price is the only drawback for our big brood!

You are getting a lot done over there, very inspiring :)

Stephanie said...

We loved the county fair. I should blog on it. If you go, catch Nojoe's Clown Circus. So cute. It was much, much smaller than I thought but nice. I need to blog on it. Daytime rocks - crowds didn't start till we were leaving around 7pm. And, the bunnies and cute things like chickens were on the opposite side of the barn from the pigs. Helps with the stinkies. :)